Date rape drugs
Indications of ingestion
- Abrupt loss of memory;
- Doubts whether the blackout was triggered by the alcohol consumption;
- Dizziness, excessive sweating or drowsiness (dream-like feeling) often set in even before the loss of memory.
- After the victims have come round again they can suffer from strong nausea. This is often exacerbated by many hours of vomiting, panic and anxiety attacks.
- Even days afterwards, some victims still suffer from concentration disorders; their memory fails time and again, and they forget things they have just remembered.
- The women and girls affected suffer from strong doubts over their feelings (especially if they do not have any physical injuries from the rape/abuse).